1 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next 123 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2012 4:58 PM by RazorliteX Go to original post RSS
  • 100. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc

Pfffffhh. Uh, nope. No links on google for "real" class action lawsuits against Activision for MW3. Sorry.

• 101. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    gallp13

How's the case going tiger? Would love an update.......

• 102. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    virtualvirus

We as the cod community need to come together and stand as one on this issue. Here is a video calling for just that. There is also a petiton out there calling for a boycott of MW3 DLC that we need to support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAozpepj8hw

• 103. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    trialstardragon

Nope, not ever going to happen. People will always buy the dlc from games like this regardless of what other problems the game has. Plus those that bought elite get the dlc for free so would have no reason to support this boycott of the dlc at all.

• 104. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc

heh the only way the OP could even remotely have a case is if he was under the age of 18.  Mainly because most states and federal laws make it so that a minor(under 18) isn't liable for any contract.

So basically if it went to court the contract could be voided completely and depending on the judge and whatever state you may be in may get some restitution aswell.

Also unless you have a complete law firm going over the entire TOS or any contractual agreement you basically agreed to when you installed and played/used

then good luck

Not sure about the others around here, but for me personally I think a lot of developer companies/publishers  have gotten the "you can't touch us attitude" and thier games show it. It seem instead of quality it's quantity that they aim for. Unfortunately it's the devs that get blamed and it's really not thier fault. It's the bean counters.

• 105. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    ShankDaddyMack

im not in the legal field but i can tell u this much , U HAVE NO CASE...NOONE DOES. WHY U ASK? U SIGNED A DIGITAL TERMS OF SERVICE WHEN U BOUGHT THE GAME AND LOGGED ONTO THEIR SERVERS , IT STATES THEY MAKE NO GUARANTEES AS TO QUALITY OR QUANTITY OF SERVICE. which means it is up to them as to how it works and there is nothing anyone can say about it. just think of it like this , they are god and when ur on mw3 online they are letting u play in their world. at any point in time they can just shut it all down and tell everyone to kick rocks , with no legal recourse of course. hope this helps!

• 106. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    starbuckfrack

LegalEagle wrote:

As a consumer who has purchased MW3 Elite (and all your other 'CoDs'), I am completely fed up with the Stalinist attidtude towards the gaming community. We have chosen to buy a product on the basis that it would provide entertainment that is completely functional (works) and this MW3 version does not work properly in Multiplayer mode.

''Activision' take our cash but do not provide a product that works properly. Hit detection in multiplayer mode is still a problem and allegedly users with a good connection are still being penalised in game. They even take part of the product away e.g. Drop Zone without any in-game warnings to the user. The Elite component did not work on launch and is very disappointing in its current state, certainly not value for money. I don't see how other manufacturers could get away with what they are doing.

Please can legal professionals advise.

I am not a lawyer but I can tell you this for free.

When you made your Gamertag with Xbox you agreed that the Service will not be bug free.

When you bought the game you also agreed that the software for the game would not be bug free.

Advice from a non-lawyer...

Learn to read agreements before you hand over your money.

PS There is a lot more stuff pertaning to your issue. Plus to even have someone look at it EVERY game would have to not work at all online.

• 107. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    starbuckfrack

PCB104 wrote:

heh the only way the OP could even remotely have a case is if he was under the age of 18.  Mainly because most states and federal laws make it so that a minor(under 18) isn't liable for any contract.

So basically if it went to court the contract could be voided completely and depending on the judge and whatever state you may be in may get some restitution aswell.

Also unless you have a complete law firm going over the entire TOS or any contractual agreement you basically agreed to when you installed and played/used

then good luck

Not sure about the others around here, but for me personally I think a lot of developer companies/publishers  have gotten the "you can't touch us attitude" and thier games show it. It seem instead of quality it's quantity that they aim for. Unfortunately it's the devs that get blamed and it's really not thier fault. It's the bean counters.

The contract would not be on the child, at least you are correct. Only problem is the PARENT would be liable to agree to the contract. any child under 18 using the Xbox Service MUST have permission from the parent to play the game online.

If he does not have permission then the child is breaking the law. Contract would not be voided and the case would be closed due to the child not having permission..

Microsofts Terms state any child from 13 to 18 must have a parents permission as well as parents must read and make sure the child understands.

Under 13 the child needs the above PLUS must be constantly supervised.

BTW there really is no government regulation here. The Xbox Live Service is a private Service and does not fall under government regulations.

• 108. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    ValleyYeti

Dear OP,

people sued mcdonald's because their dumba$$es spilled hot coffee on themselves.  I guess you could sue activision/IW/sledgehammer for what you seem to think is a case of false advertisement, as dumba$$ as that sounds.

the judge, however, will laugh in your face and possibly slap your ignorant mouth.

toodles,

Yeti

• 109. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc

read the fine print in elite, u have no case.