3 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2012 9:50 PM by ELITE_Help RSS

XBOX 360-Disc Unreadable

I have been receiving the disc unreadable issue for the past two days.

Before the disc would read just fine and I wouldn't have any issues however now every other time the game will not load or it will load then show the game continuing in the background behind the disc read error screen.

The disc isn't scratched, lasered or damaged in any way and my 360 disc drive is in perfect condition as it plays other games just fine.

I've tried installing the game to the hard drive with no luck.

Has there been any real solution to this issue? I've tried uninstalling all patches and updates, uninstalling elite, I can aways go and get the disc exchanged but from what I have been reading on the forums that doesn't always work.

Also when the game does work it will sometimes say I am disconnected from XBOX live even when I am still online.

I really would like to come to some solution for this problem, this is very disappointing as I was enjoying the game until this happened.

Thanks.

• Re: XBOX 360-Disc Unreadable
    codblackice

You can try some of the suggested steps Xbox Support has provided. One thing i will try is if your disc will work on another console. Hope it helps!

Thanks,

-Ross

CallofDuty Forum Moderator

Twitter.com/CODBlackIce

So far I have found out that it depends on what type of XBOX you have. If you have the original one or the new one then problem might be that you have some sort of external memory device plugged into the console (i.e. USB Drive, Memory Card, etc.) other than the Hard Drive.  If you remove any of these, besides the Hard Drive, it might fix it. Other than that, I found that looking through all your memory devices and searching the Modern Warfare 3 section and removing any Corrupt Files (marked with an exclamation point surrounded by a yellow circle) will temporarily put a halt to the Unreadable Disk error.

When troubleshooting console issues, there are 3 variables that could be causing the actual issue. The game disc, the game data, and the console are the 3 variables.

1. Make sure to delete all game data for the game and let it redownload any patches that it requires:

To clear the cache on the Xbox 360 do the following:

Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the Settings menu, and select System.

Select Storage

Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.

Select "Clear System Cache".

1. Navigate to your System Settings.

2. Select Storage.

3. Select Games.

4. Locate and delete all files associated with Modern Warfare 3.

2. Test your disc on another console. If the disc works fine on another console, the issue is not the disc. If you find that the game does not load on another Xbox 360, Activison customer support can begin to process a warranty disc replacement if the disc is within the 90 day warranty period and there is no damage on the disc. Please keep in mind, your disc is tested and inspected upon delivery. If your disc is received with damage or it is no longer within warranty, there would be a 20 dollar replacement fee for the disc.

3. If the previous steps did not resolve your issue, there may be a problem with the hardware within your console. You may want to contact Microsoft for further support:

Xbox Live Customer Support:

* 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time

* 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

Phone numbers

* Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269

* Direct dial:(425) 635-7180

* Hearing impaired (TDD device): (866) 740-9269 or (425) 635-7102