22 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2012 2:27 AM by royalgard RSS

MW3 ELITE ? WHAT A RIPOFF

royalgard

So after the game came out, the ad for Elite said/Says: The Call of Duty®: MW3 content season kicks off for Call of Duty ELITE Premium members. Up first - multiplayer maps Liberation and Piazza. Does not say for Xbox it says for Elite Members..

So: The ad is a lie, and so is the words that mr Robert Bow(liar)ling says!

What a RIPOFF

Btw:

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/whats-included

New monthly DLC released over 9 months, so you Always have Something New to Play

But not for us...

Yepp,i am pisst of! I spend money on a lie!

• Re: MW3 ELITE ? WHAT A RIPOFF
    rankismet

royalgard wrote:

So after the game came out, the ad for Elite said/Says: The Call of Duty®: MW3 content season kicks off for Call of Duty ELITE Premium members. Up first - multiplayer maps Liberation and Piazza. Does not say for Xbox it says for Elite Members..

So: The ad is a lie, and so is the words that mr Robert Bow(liar)ling says!

What a RIPOFF

Btw:

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/whats-included

New monthly DLC released over 9 months, so you Always have Something New to Play

But not for us...

Yepp,i am pisst of! I spend money on a lie!

Since you found the page... ever think of looking at the FAQ?

Do X360 and PS3 Call of Duty ELITE Premium members receive their DLC at the same time?

Similar to Map Packs, X360 Premium members will receive their DLC before PS3 Premium members. All Call of Duty ELITE Premium members will receive a steady stream of content released monthly for 9 months through the DLC season, and they will also receive their DLC before non-premium members on their console.

You haven't been lied to... you just don't get the fact XBOX gets the DLC first.

this is retarded as fuk this aggrement is pointless and should be annuled for the lies from shitward and sledgehammer  i cant wait for treyarchs **** to relese with blops2 in november  robert bowling just needs to get fired hes garbage and over rated

rlbl

Elite has NOTHING to do with the MS/AV contract. If you thought that buying elite was to going to get you DLC at the same... lol @ U.  Was it clear and upfront? no... but it could be figured out from between the lines.

I biought elite for cheaper DLC (which I always buy). So what I get it a month later. This affects my game play how?

royalgard

When Elite First came out. they stated:

Get exlusive content (DLC) to your console first, just 2 days ago it was updated to Xbox Elite premium gets it first.. And there is no date when it hits Ps3 ?

So they said that, and many PS3 people bougt it, cos the ad did not say Xbox first it said ELITE first!

And if we are getting content every mont, nothing in december, nothing in january..
      Can u really blame the PS3 users for feeling that they got ripped off!

I was looking forward to play FREE FOR ALL on the new maps, now im disappointed

wikked75

bottom line is we, as ps3 premiums, were morons and suckered by them being vague. it's our faults, but there is some blame on them. i figured xbox would get it first, at least until the contract is up at the end of 2012, but some people, and that being the people that didn't know of this contract or whatever, were duped. i bought it because i got the hardened edition, and i'm a sucker for titles, like being called a founder. the only problem i have with all this is they need to be clear, upfront about the release dates. it would shut a lot of people up. also, i have unsubscribed to renewing this service automatically until i find out if this microsoft contract gets renewed at the end of the year. if it does, then premium for ps3 makes no real sense. i'd rather just wait until the full map packs come out every few months so i can play all game modes with all the new maps with everyone on my console. not this, putting two maps in an watered down elite playlist with other maps and only play with other elite premiums.

rlbl

That is an interesting obsveration...

If you get the maps before your friends on your console, you cannot play with them (having nothing to do with XBOX 1st or not).

It "can" make being a premium member sort of pointless, aside from getting them cheaper (and I am waiting to see what the price is...)

Darko808

Elite is a load of crap anyways. I love what you get for FREE but this mess were we have to pay for DLC? I would love for them to provide the first few maps for free then say "hey if you pay for the premium elite service you get more of these!". Also the Elite service should provide more emblems/titles for free...or maybe a custom emblem thing like Black Ops did.

Darko808

Elite is a load of crap anyways. I love what you get for FREE but this mess were we have to pay for DLC? I would love for them to provide the first few maps for free then say "hey if you pay for the premium elite service you get more of these!". Also the Elite service should provide more emblems/titles for free...or maybe a custom emblem thing like Black Ops did.

sporry

the elite membership was a total lie.i by the elite in pre order in the ps-store, it was 1year member ship. never was told the will start 3 mounths after the release ( nov-dec-jan). what about the clan battles : comming soon?.... i think every thing is up an running by the time we play bo2 / mw4 / or who knows!

WIMP_420

This is some bullshit. I can see xbox getting maps first for NON ELITE players, but i paid $50 for this ELITE crap in Nov before the game came out. ELITE is useless garbage scam.

Thats 3 months (NOV DEC JAN) of service we paid for and are not getting. It did not say anything about waiting for maps when i purchased it. I hope there is some lawyer or legal brain out there that can prove that COD f'd up, and proves they are guilty of false advertisement, or not delivering on a service people have paid for. I can guarantee you i will never buy anything like this again. **** YOU COD!

Privx420x

Total Ripoff.

DLC never seems to be popular.

For $50 I would expect dedicated servers for clan matches.

I have never played a clan match on any cod where all players could connect.

Better yet they spend time on a Elite commercial instead of fixing Elite itself.

No Spec ops on there the negatives outweigh the positives ten fold.

9 months of DLC? is the first one only 2 maps? 2 maps? what a joke.

I thought it would be at least 5 maps on each one.

It just gets worse and worse. So glad I never bought this.

My biggest frustration is the money is paid up front and they should get the money as soon as they deliver.  How many Millions do they need to make up front and they do not deliver.  PS3 is on the back all the time but we learn to expect that. 

I used to be Wii and they never received Map packs. 

The problem is they sell you a package up front but none of this is explained until after they have your cash that PS3 will always be behind the Xbox.  I paid the same amount at the same time as the rest of them.

I have started to play Killzone 3 and I am liking the Skyhwak trial right now.  I think it is time PS3 starts to forget about Call of Duty and look at other software games.  I see the more any complaints are posted the less they give a damn.

aaces101

Yeah but RLBL even you say it wasn't clear and upfront. I choose to view it the same as you, but not everyone is us. They have a right to be angry. No, it does no good, but who are we to tell them what to get/not to get angry with? I say let em be angry...I for one wouldn't mind seeing Bowling on the hot seat.

I think CoD itself is over priced. For me I don't think the elite is worth it purely because I have never liked any of the DLC maps in CoD. I don't the point in challenges unless they go through all the games because if the prize was decent you can bet people will boost their arses off to win it.

Thesandman

I have to laugh at these people who say its wrong to be pi$$ed off at the xbox elite before ps3 elite. Click on the call of duty 3 icon on top left hand of this page and the first thing you see is "MW3 content season kicks off" If they were totally transparent it should say "MW3 content season kicks off for xbox 360"  I thought all us PS3 users should be on the same side as opposed to "defending" the fact that xbox elite got content first.

MakeURageQuit

well ps3 may get the dlc content a month after xbox live members but if you are premium you still get them for free and you still get them before the actual map pack is released for ps3. you have not been lied to this is just your fault for buying a ps3 instead of a 360
    you are stupid, stop ******** that you dont want to wait. again waiting for the dlc is your fault for owning a ps3

royalgard

It Stated when they had ad for elite..

Get it for YOUR CONSOLE first..
      Then when it was 2 days before it got out: Get it on Xbox Live first!

And calling me stupid cos i own a PS3 is just sad on your part.

Take care now child !