41 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 5:52 AM by PeteyLew RSS

Drop zone broken.

Thunderstrike75

been trying to play drop zone today and all i get is dome map. over and over again even in the selection menu for the map you get 2 dome map instead of dome and something else to vote for...any ideas why?

• Re: Drop Zone. Dome

huh.  weird.

At least it isn't downturn??

Played Dome with one of my regulars a few mights ago and he ALMOST had a double MOAB.  48 streak... on that map, during a game of DZ!

Was happening to our group this morning for a little while, but seems like they have it sorted out?  We had a choice of Dome and Piazza, chose piazza and played it.  AFter that the choice was Black Box and Liberation (ick, we backed out.. hate those maps for DZ).

Is anyone else having this issue?

we had a group who have both elite and non-elite status.

Dome was a choice in every case though... weird.

ctrl-s

lol maybe they are trying out Dome 24/7.

Has this been fixed yet?  There was a hot patch just recently?  (another thread mentioned it... )

I realize now that I played DZ with someone who had Elite status, not a mix of elite and non-elite.

That's how we got Piazza.. and were also being served Liberation, Black Box and Overwatch.

Only got served Dome from original maps.

BTW, suggest title change to... DROP ZONE IS BROKEN!  nothing but DOME.

codchamp

I dont mind Dome over and over. it is my favorite map. I am going to try Dropzone again tonight. I like that mode. But it is a *** fest with all the quickscopers. It makes the game no fun winning 7500-800 because no one goes for the objective.

• Re: Drop zone broken.

has this been fixed yet?

Thunderstrike75

signed off 30 minutes ago and it wasnt. i dont think they will fix it today. boy its quick scoper fest in there, went from a few in the first hours to a lot to the point to have 2 or 3 players not scoping.

oh, super.

Thank god I'm away on business tonight and won't have to either (a) not play with 1/2 of my friends list (elite/DLC 1 buyers... DZ is working on Dome + DLC1 Maps) or (b) suffer through that crap.

I would probably just go to the elite playlist and F around with Oasis, Sanctuary and Foundation, playing KC or Dom... modes I don't normally play.

If you are Elite Premium and want to play Dome 24/7 on Drop Zone (I don't know if it is 24/7...) Disable DLC and you can enjoy it.

Wouldn't this get boring after, like, five games?

I mean... even Mission (my favorite) would get boring after five games.

I would start to do stupid stuff, like use secondaries only for kills or riot shield only kills...

It's boring as hell, after 5 games you're done with it.

I played 20 games or something, since Drop Zone is the only game mode I can play with a freaking 3 bar all the time.

I really hope it will be gone soon, cause it's boring, and I don't want to play the DLC maps, otherwise I will be matched with Germany, UK, Italy, France, where I live in the Netherlands with the problem that my Interner can't handle...

Honestly, I would absolutely love a Dome 24/7 Playlist, except not just with Drop Zone--I want Dom and KC too. I would seriously never get tired of playing it. Back on BLOPS when they had Double XP Nuketown 24/7 I would play that for literally several hours and Prestige in 1 day lol.

no problem with that idea as an ADDITION... not a replacement for my DZ!

In fact, that could be fun (double XP dome 24/7).

Thunderstrike75

like i said, if youre just in for the kills i guess is perfect, i mean im an objective player and today i got at least two or three 30something games. but objective wise is very annoying to have to play in drop zone this map over and over again. and also like i said its even more annoying since its now full of Qscopers. not only i hate them because they`re just fing annoying but because they never play the damn objective and the escuse is always the same "im guarding protecting while you make points" yeah whatever...today my first games were fine even if it was only dome, two scopers one on each team or so. after the second hour i was playing with two teams with nothing else but scopers..

like rats to a stinky piece of cheese... all the dbag QSers are having a non-stop Dome DZ fest.

Super, just super.

Gee, how many of these guys are:

(a) Tac inserting behind the two humm-vees on the upper level near the first drop?

(b) Tac inserting on top of the catwalk on the dome?

(c) Tac inserting in the bunker near the "divot" near the two humm-vees, going to the air conditioner (or whatever that is) in the corner for cover?

(d) Tac inserting near the loading dock and running out to work the two sight lines (down to the radar dishes/dome and across the first drop zone towards the humm vees).

Predictable, but annoying.  And because of aim assist and the ridiculous speed advantage given to QSers for OSKs... they will probably cause enough deaths to go at least positive, which for the majority of them is actually good and will encourage them to stick around.

And then the trick shots start...

Fixed yet?

(yes, I am bumping this thread.  So what.  Sue me.  Or shoot me.    Virtually of course.)

According to a response on one of the other threads I started/pumped up about this (on support forum)... somebody called Activision this afternoon AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT WAS A PROBLEM!

and......

IT COULD TAKE TWO DAYS TO FIX IT!

1 posts since

Nov 13, 2011

I spoke to Activision over this matter and had to report it twice before they eventually agreed something was wrong... I then checked back a coupla hours ago to see how long the fix would take... I was then informed that it could take upto TWO days to fix as they have other work to do on the game too... Seems funny as they haven't managed to fix a single thing correctly on the game YET !! today another hot fix has ruined matching/lag even more making some game modes unplayable...

starbuckfrack

As of 9:00 PM Centrral Time I dont see an issue in the Austin Area. I havent played all day though.

I know your area doesnt matter but this doesnt seem to be an Activision issue.

I played 4 rounds of Drop zone and only saw Dome one time. I also jumped lobbies to see changes and Dome only showed one time.

I would suggest to clear the cache remove the patch and redownload the last map set.

But thats just a suggestion.

Thunderstrike75

ill try that tomorrow i guess, if not fixed by then, but i think its all due to the new maps and modes. who knows what the programmers are actually doing in there. sometimes i picture them as gremlins just messing with the programming seeing what random lines do lol. its as if it amuses them to make the players angry...actually im sure they do have a laugh at our expense every now and then...hell i can hear them "hey watch this lets tweak this and see the reaction" LOL

Thanks for the feedback.

Were the other maps you saw for DLC1 only?

i.e. Dome + Liberation/Black Box/Piazza/Overwatch

And... how does one "clear the cache"?  I didn't realize you could remove patches you've already downloaded/installed.

Again, thanks.  DZ is my favorite mode (if you can't tell!) and I'd hate to lose it to some Faustian Bargain to get new maps/mode that I don't really care about.  The only 1v1 I want to be doing is with my wife.

starbuckfrack

PeteyLew wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Were the other maps you saw for DLC1 only?

i.e. Dome + Liberation/Black Box/Piazza/Overwatch

And... how does one "clear the cache"?  I didn't realize you could remove patches you've already downloaded/installed.

Again, thanks.  DZ is my favorite mode (if you can't tell!) and I'd hate to lose it to some Faustian Bargain to get new maps/mode that I don't really care about.  The only 1v1 I want to be doing is with my wife.

Go to the sytem folder of the xbox and it says "Hit Y to clear cache". something like that or look it up on xbox dot com. There May be a menu on the xbox to do it.

Also go into system/ games / MW3 and delete the 7 meg patch and all the maps from todays DLC.

starbuckfrack

Here it is

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-c ache

and the game files are located under Storage or Memory - Games- MW3 or something like that.

Killerzui

I have been having the same problem, bloody Dome everytime I go onto dropzone lobby

It started happening to me yesterday morning after the updates downloaded and like you say after about 10 goes it gets boring and I have to go to kill confirmed, then I try out the 2 new maps face off, well one is blindingly bright and the other is a scopers paradise lol - I am keeping check on your post to see if any answers come up that will help

oh boy... that's not good (still broken and Thunderstrike75's cache clear/re-download not fixing it).

I didn't have a chance to do as Starbuck suggested, I'm hoping I won't have to when I get home and finally log on tonight (~9:30  PM EST).

Thunderstrike75

QS galore....its impossible to move. there are qscopers everywhere up on the rail, between the jeeps, behinde the other set of jeeps, on the ramp ...they are everywhere. i get a lot of kills thanks to the flares but still is not funny when you kill 1 and there is other 2 already shooting you down...they stay in the same room so they already know each other who scopes who doesnt and so on lol they surely are having a party with this...

I just chatted with Activision support, here's what they had to say:

Toni C:

I apologize that you are experiencingthis issue, We are aware of this issue and are currently working on this at the moment

Toni C: i do apologize we don't have an exact date as to when this will be fixed

They then suggested I follow IW's twitter feed for updates.  He said nothing was up there about it as of now, but "at the moment there nothing on there regarding this issue but there should be soon"

Time to flood the twitter account with requests to fix this.

This issue was officially resolved 5/16 at 5:00 pm EST

lilbaily2

I hope they don't fix it....hella fun

Yup, fixed.

Hooray!

Played a good 15 games of DZ last night.  Dome did get served up a bunch, but all the other maps were served too..